GAINESVILLE'S 13TH ANNUAL
48-HOUR FILM COMPETITION
Juried + Fan Vote
Teams will have 48 hours to complete a short that is between 3 and 5 minutes in length. Shorter/longer films will not be judged.
Teams of up to 5 people will compete to create the best film in the following categories: Best in Show, Student & Open Category.
The contest is open to legal residents and guests of the United States. Those affiliated with judging are not eligible for the competition.
2024 Registration Coming Soon!
How to Register
- Teams should set up a FilmFreeway.com profile in the name of your lead contact or team name. Then set up a project to submit in your TEAM NAME.
- Provide contact details for at least one team member including phone and email address.
- Select Gainesville 48 Hour Film Competition from the list of festivals on FilmFreeway.com and start the submission process which will register your team in the competition. Make sure you submit your project with your TEAM NAME as its title.
- You should pay the entry fee and provide contact details for the lead team member.
- Once you have received the ‘acceptance email’ your participation in the challenge is confirmed.
- The initial submission and registration process must be completed before the start of the competition weekend start line after which we will longer accept applicants for the competition.
- *To sign up prior to the start of the event, submit a video of at least one of the members of the team stating the following “I (insert name) understand the rules and regulations of the Gainesville 48 Hour Film Competition and I consent to the showing of our film.”
- Make your film over the competition weekend and complete the submissions process by uploading your film and follow the instructions on FilmFreeway.com.
- You should then receive an email confirming your film has been accepted for the competition in the next couple of days.
* Use the same upload process to send your actual film for the competition.